Picture Books 101 - Summer Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Are you an aspiring African picture book author or perhaps an established author looking to get a fresh perspective.
Join us for our first session on how to write a picture book where we go through the basics of the picture book art form.
With a practical approach, Bernard Mensah, the author of 4 traditionally contracted picture books and two self published picture books will walk you through:
- The basic rules of picture book writing and the general "do's and dont's"
- An overview of what the publishing process entails
- Examples of actual sold work and what editors look for in submissions
- Extensive Question and Answers to demystify the format
- Useful critique on works in progress from participants
Picture books are fun and complex at the same time. This event will not teach you EVERYTHING there is to know but it will give you the tools and knowledge to start your journey on the right foot.
The ticket price is 40GHS. There are a limited number of tickets available due to class size and also to ensure that participants get the benefit of the time together.
Lunch is also not included in the ticket price.
Please contact MyBooksieBox on +233 24 131 6433 to register your place.
1 hour 15 minutes
Basic Picture Book Theory
- 40 GHS Participant Reservation£0£00£0